Burden of Dreams (1982)
- For U.S. educational sales and theatrical, please contact Janus Films
- For international and all other rights please contact: Les Blank Films
An extraordinary feature-length documentary about the messianic German director Werner Herzog struggling against desperate odds in the Amazon basin to make his epic feature, Fitzcarraldo. Burden of Dreams was honored with a British Academy Award for Best Documentary of 1982, and many critics consider it Blank’s most awesome film. (From the Criterion collection)
A film by Les Blank with Maureen Gosling
In English, Spanish, & German
- Derek Malcolm (of The Guardian) picks his ‘Century of Films’ and names Burden of Dreams one of the best 100 films of the 20th century. Read his review.
- A MySpace-hosted interview with Wener Herzog discussing Burden of Dreams can be viewed on Werner Herzog’s own page.
- Read a review of Burden of Dreams by The Wellington Film Society’s Raymond Durgnat.
- Werner Herzog forges ahead in his unique cinematic quest for truth in, A Wild Walk With Werner by Michael Atkinson.