The Maestro: King of the Cowboy Artists (1994)
- For U.S. educational sales and theatrical, please contact Brian Belovarac at Janus Films: (belovarac at janusfilms dot com)
- For international and all other rights please contact Les Blank Films
What happens when a dedicated husband and father quits his job, adopts the persona of a Western-Movie Singing Cowboy, takes on the entire art establishment (including Christo and Andy Warhol), and refuses to accept money for his art ? Meet Gerry Gaxiola, AKA The Maestro, an ex-wage slave who gave up everything to make art for its own sake. The Maestro’s story could inspire a whole new generation of Van Goghs.
More about and from The Maestro:
- The Maestro weaves a note to Les
- The Maestro on Creativity
- The Maestro on Hank Williams III
- The Maestro’s Web Site
Note: The DVD includes the follow-up film, The Maestro Rides Again as a bonus.